Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Rava Laddoo

The first ever laddoos I made on my own and was very scared when I started off. Finally it turned out so tasty that I was proud to share them with my friends. Yes they turned out tasty and didn't break as I feared. Very simple to make as well.

Ingredients
1.5 Cups Rava
3/4 cup grated fresh coconut
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
1 Teaspoon broken cashew nuts
1 Teaspoon sliced almonds
2 Teaspoons Raisins
4 Teaspoons Ghee
2 Cardamoms powdered.

Heat the ghee in a kadai and fry the rava on a low flame till its light golden in colour. Be careful not to over fry the rava. Add the coconut and fry for one or two minutes.
Prepare the chashni by boiling the sugar in the water till it melts and reaches a single thread consistency. Add the cardamom to the sugar syrup. Add the rava mixture and dry fruits to the chashni and mix well. Cover the mixture with a lid for at least half an hour with stirring at intervals. Now make small laddoos by rolling them with your palms.

No comments:

Post a Comment